- Brand strategy needed
- Logo and brand guidelines needed
- Increase profile in Cardiff
- Increase brand recognition and brand loyalty with repeat business
- Sales increase the target of 20% weekly
- Stop people thinking about the business as a special event/treat venue
- Everyday affordable luxury – everyone welcome
- Break down barriers to booking around high perceived costs or elite and unwelcoming members-only venue
- Increase positive buzz around the brand
- Make it attractive to a younger audience too not just the 50+
- Support new chef profile (twice)
- Make it a landmark site with awards and prestigious press
- Attract Michelin and celebrity interest
- Work with Taittinger on collaborations and events
- Raise awareness of wine tasting events
- Attract more footfall from people walking by like the building wrap with the bow had but without it being a special season or event feel.
12 months 1 day a week.
- Full strategy
- Complete rebrand rolled out
- Clear messaging about everyday affordable luxury
- Reminding everyone to celebrate the everyday
- Stepped up the personal touch and a string listening in strategy listening, backward as well as in the real-time worked a treat. Responding to user-generated content no matter when it was posted and repurposing it through the channel to showcase a vibrant and busy venue and attract younger crowds to come and want to take photos of their food and experience
- You can ring our bell campaign encouraging people walking by to ring the bell to be greeted by the concierge and share videos and photos documenting the experience
- Discussion on the push for champagne buttons similar to Bob Bob Ricord
- Inviting Mum bloggers to come with their children for afternoon tea free of charge to document their experience
- Desk with a view in Cardiff Campaign coffee + free wifi attracted a lot of corporate interest and subsequent bookings
- Set up and manage trusted suppliers on SEO and PPC campaigns
- Managed all social media marketing content and ad campaigns
- Supported award applications and press
- Supported all interviews for the senior management team
- Re-engaged local press that had stopped including and covering the brand in editorial features
- Ensured owners were featured more as people across Cardiff and South Wales buy into people, not brands
- Re-engaged the local food and drink blogger community with monthly reviews in full flow
- Wine Club is fully booked and wine dinners
- Taittinger’s collaborations for competitions and content worked very well
- Built new relationships and collaborations with National Museum of Wales, city hall, and via my 120K strong business and VIP database
- Attracted stars Ed Sheeran and Lionel Richie to wine and dine at The Park House via Sian’s strategy and increased profiling of the brand
- Responded to press when Ed Sheeran and Lionel Ritchie posted it correcting them that it wasn’t Celtic Manor but indeed The Park House Restaurant and the news piece went viral hitting all global press within less than 72 hours as it was the first time the two stars had been photographed together.
- Increased profile enabled fully booking and a 3-month waitlist.
- Also supported headhunting and bringing on a new chef throughout the busy period
- An old treasure was kissed back to being at the heart of the community – for all those with great taste who loved to wine and dine in style.
“Watching the marketing and PR on the Park House has felt like a real wake-up call. Sian was straight-talking, kind, honest and hard-working, she understands people and how to reach big audiences and make them feel special. This builds a pathway for brand loyalty #MyParkHouse. The You can #RingOurBell campaign was wonderful and so much fun!
With so many changes in the restaurant industry, we ensured that all marketing and PR were built around the brand and the world-class experience we offered.
We have never seen such a fast turnaround in terms of customer awareness, enquiries, social media engagement, website traffic, and particularly press and media interest.
To bring in such an incredible team of hand-picked suppliers to work together to create outstanding campaigns has been a joy to experience.
Attracting the likes of Ed Sheeran and Lionel Richie was a world-first for the capital’s food and wine scene and although we held back on releasing any information. After Ed and Lionel posted the photos the story went global in less than two hours. It’s not just the most publicity we have had in a decade, it’s the most publicity we will ever have had in terms of web and social media traffic. To this day people still talk about this. It’s a big conversation starter with a lot of our corporate partners who hold events with us.
Sian got us all excited about the business again and made us fall in love with it again. Even when we had a turnover of Head chefs, Sian even stepped in to find the right person. What I would say is such positive energy and dedication has a chain effect and you can’t place a value on this because it keeps going.”